Can Diet Pills Cause Side Effects?
Diet pills made a terrific impact on people suffering from a disease like obesity. Not everyone who started with it finished their course in the first place. Reason? The side effects of the pills. Not everybody is suited for taking up dietary supplements. Diet pills have drawbacks and side effects symptoms just like any other drug on the market. Pills that work for you may cause allergy to someone else because one size doesn’t fit all. You should know about your body well to cope with these symptoms. These symptoms are usually mild and stay for a shorter span of time.
What Dietary Pills Have To Offer?
Dietary supplements are good to go when it comes to aiding your weight loss goals. Companies producing such supplements boost their products, and not all claims they make are worth the trust. So before picking up one from a random brand, make sure it is safe and trusted. In a recent article, Kathy J. Shattler, a 32-year experienced nutritionist has checked the facts and benefits of taking these pills. Here are some of the claims:
- Glowing skin
- Better sleep
- Maintains blood sugar levels
- Suppress appetite and cravings
- Satisfy your hunger
- Increases metabolism
- Suppress fat production
- Halt fat storage in the body
These are claims made by the brands. It works or not entirely depends upon the brand making such claims.
Ingredients You Should Look Out For
There are ingredients in dietary supplements and pills that can cause a threat to your health. Here are some of the constituents to avoid while picking up weight loss pills.
- Phentermine is a stimulant that can cause sleep disorders like insomnia, drug dependence, high blood pressure, restlessness, and palpitations
- Orlistat is a drug that interferes with fat absorption. It can lead to gastric issues and diarrhea
- Bupropion and naltrexone can cause migraine, headaches, dizziness, and vomiting
- Liraglutide can cause vomiting, heartburn, and nausea
- Diet pills can be addicting and can cause withdrawal syndrome
- Methamphetamine can lead to restlessness, nervousness, and a high heart rate
- Phendimetrazine can cause dizziness and anxiety
- Phentermine can cause dizziness, constipation, altered taste, and tingling skin
Other Common Side Effects
Symptoms can vary from person to person for the same ingredient present in the supplement. There is no hard and fast rule for symptoms in this case. Other symptoms that come as a result of taking dietary pills or supplements are:
- Rectal bleeding
- Kidney problems
- High blood pressure
- Raised heartbeat
- Liver damage
- High blood pressure
- Blurred vision
How To Avoid The Side Effects?
There are things to keep in mind while taking dietary supplements. It can increase your blood pressure and can affect your health.
- Don’t take the supplement more than the recommended dose.
- Avoid products that are not recommended for people with some disease history.
- Don’t self-medicate. Use supplements or pills under a doctor’s supervision.
- Don’t run on a variety of supplements at the same time. It won’t create a magic pill out of it but can interfere with compounds. It can affect your liver and kidneys.
- Avoid laxatives and diuretics. This can lead to severe diarrhea and can further lead to electrolyte imbalance.
Are Herbal Dietary Supplements Good?
Losing weight can push you to go for a “herbal” solution, and why not. Herbal products claim to come with no side effects. That’s not the whole truth. Some brands exaggerate their claims to leverage their sales but these claims are mostly false. Weight loss pills prepared from natural ingredients can be less harmful, so you can give them a try. The thing that should be kept in mind is that no pill or supplement is a fairy godmother who can change your body overnight. There is nothing like the magic formula in these pills, so make sure you are prepared with other weapons like diet and exercise to make it happen. In the year 2004, Food and Drug Administration banned the use of ingredients Ephedra, Hydroxycut, Phenolphthalein, and Meridia because of some severe side effects that they come with.
The Bottom Line
With the smashing weight loss trends online, dietary pills and supplements have gained immense popularity. The road to weight loss is not smooth because weight loss supplements do not always serve you with what you are looking for. Pills will always come with side effects and will not suit every one of them willing to spend on these diet pills. Herbal or natural dietary supplements might look like an excellent option to explore, but not everything a brand claims is true. To come out of the trap laid by these brands, avoid supplements with ingredients banned by Food and Drug Administration.