Data is everywhere. With the revolution of the Internet, demand for Data scientists is also increasing. In India, the tech industry is growing rapidly so there are new opportunities opening day by day. Data science & algorithm is in high demand so it can be a better & reliable career option these days.
What is Data Structure & Algorithm?
Data Structure is a way to organise data in a particular form. Data Structure defines where & how data is stored in the computer system. Without data structure, we can’t store data in organise form such that we have to get difficult to use it again. An algorithm is a program that works on a specific logic. The algorithm maintains how the software performs actions. In other words, Algorithm is a collection of steps to solve a problem. For Example: Let us consider you are a Youtuber and you use some words that are against youtube community guidelines then youtube deleted your video. Youtube created an algorithm that will find illegal content and delete all these types of content. With this example, you can be understood how algorithms solve very big problems in seconds.
Skills required to become a Data Scientist
There is no specific course to learn Data Structure & algorithms. In every computer degree course, you will learn data structure & algorithms. You can learn Data Structure & algorithms online without wasting time on the degree. Data Science is a good opportunity to select a career. If you want to become an expert then you can select Data Science and Machine Learning course.
You have to learn some of the skills to get a career in Data Science:
- Data Cleansing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Apache Hadoop
- Data Mining
- Data Learning
- Processing Big Data
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Linear Algebra
- Computer Programming
- Microsoft Excel
- Data Visualization
- Machine Learning
10 Best Skills to get in Data Science
You need to master 3 to 4 skills these skills because there are many skills in which you have to go in very deep. So, I will recommend you to choose a skill of your interest & don’t learn many skills at the same time. Now we are going to discuss some important skills in detail.
- Probability & Statistics: Probability with the help of statistical methods help make estimates for further analysis. Statistics is mostly dependent on the theory of probability. Both are interconnected with each other.
- Calculus & Linear Algebra: Here are some mathematics topics you have to learn before Data Science like Derivatives, Functions basics, and Maximum and minimum values of Functions.
- Programming: Data Science is about Programming. Programming skills are required to transform raw data into actionable insights. Python & R Programming is used most in Data Science.
- Data Wrangling: Data Wrangling is a process where you prepare your data for further analysis, and transform & map data from one form to another form.
- Database Management: Database management is one of the most important skills required. Database Management consists of programs that can edit, index & manipulate a database. In a large system, we need DBMS that helps users to store & retrieve data at a given point in time.
- Data Visualization: Data Visualization is a graphical representation of the findings from the data under consideration. Visualizations effectively communicate and lead the exploration to the conclusion.
- Machine Learning: if you are working for a company then you have to handle a large amount of data but you can do it manually so we need a decision-making process to handle a database like a machine learning. Machine Learning from databases includes algorithms.
- Cloud Computing: Data science often includes the use of cloud computing products and services to help data professionals access the resources needed to manage and process data.
- Microsoft Excel: MS Excel is of the best and most popular tools to work with data.ms Excel is a fundamental platform for advanced data analytics.
- DevOps: DevOps is a set of methods that combines software development and IT operations that aims to shorten the development life cycle and provide uninterrupted delivery with high software quality.
10 Things we all love about a career in Data Science
- Data Science is one of the fastest-growing industries, and the requirements for data scientists are also increasing rapidly. It can be a good Career option because if you have skills then you get a highly paid job easily.
- Data Scientists have a good salary and it fully depends on your skills. Data Scientists have 50% more salary than other industries.
- In Data Science you have many work options. You can easily find your interest & get a highly paid job in less time.
- Data Scientist Salary depends on your skills and experience. A survey found that the business data scientist population is estimated to be 40% of people with fewer than 5 years of experience, and 69% have under 10 years of experience.
- In Data Science there is less competition so you can easily get a job if you have good skills.
- Data science teaching approaches are abundant. Different training modes include online, classroom, and self-paced, science.
- To become a Data Scientist no specific degree is required. You can learn from online courses and apply for a job after some practice.
- If you love computer & Technology then you can learn it easily from online & offline courses.
- Data Scientists have a job of analyzing and maintaining data such that you have to give a few hours to your job. But sometimes you have to work a day or night also.
- You can do a Data Scientist job from home also. If your company is far from you then you can work with the company from home. Data Science provides you with a reliable & comfortable job.
In this article, we have discussed “how to choose a career in data science and why we have to choose a career in data science”. Data science is a first-day growing industry and there are a lot of job opportunities day by day so you can choose it as a career without any hesitation. If you like the article also share it with your friends such that they can also know about this job opportunity and can choose Data Science as their career.