Technology has played a vital role in many industries, from food to health to finance. But has it been as impactful in the betting market? A big yes! Since bookies started relying on technology to accept wagers, they have experienced a tremendous increase in the uptake of their services. Most punters can now access their favorite bookies using online sites, and truthfully, it is much more convenient to take up the best bookmaker sign up offers and make use of them if you don’t even need to leave your home. But websites are not the only technological advancement that’s taking the UK market to the next level.
Let’s look at some key developments that have made punters’ careers much more accessible.
What Changes Have Occurred in the UK Betting Market?
The UK is lucky to have some of the most favorable gambling environments in the world. And as a result, many bookies have been quick to set up shop and cater to the punters in the region. As they put their best foot forward, they have eased gambling in the following ways:
- Mobile Betting
In the past, most sites were only accessible via desktop. And while that was the main technological device at the time, that soon changed when mobile phones became increasingly popular. So, most people shifted their focus from desktops and embraced mobiles as they were more portable. Bookies have now followed suit and now allow their players to bet using:
- Mobile browsers: Bookies have now developed sites that load on all devices, including mobiles, tablets, and desktops. That was not the case in the past decade, as the sites were often too heavy to load on standard phones. But now, most sites have optimized access, so anyone can access them using any phone.
- Mobile apps: Most people rely on apps to carry out most of their activities. And now, they can also place wagers using dedicated apps to avoid using mobile browsers.
Some sites offer both options, which gives punters a choice based on what works best for them.
- Live Streaming
How about catching the game from your phone or desktop rather than tuning in to watch it on TV? That’s the beauty of live streaming, a trend that has caught on with many bookies. It allows punters to follow the events, which often triggers them to place bets. And to cater to this interest, most bookies enable punters to place live bets as the games continue. It makes betting more fun as punters can react to what’s happening in front of their eyes.
- Digital Payments
Would you like to place wagers without affecting your financial record? You can now do this as most bookies now offer more than wire transfers and credit card payments as a payment method. You can now place a bet using an e-wallet or even cryptocurrencies. These methods are:
- More anonymous: You will not need to link your card to the betting site and can thus keep your gambling private. This factor is crucial, especially where you want to access loan facilities.
- Faster: Wire transfers and card payments usually take a few days to weeks to process. But e-wallets and crypto transfers can be completed in a day, and
- Cheaper: While e-wallets may charge a percentage (often low of the transacted amount, most crypto transfers do not incur charges.
Thanks to these options, more people are now open to placing bets as they can keep their transactions private, safe, and affordable.
These changes will blend into the larger metaverse, which is already in the works. Soon enough, punters will have the chance to attend their favorite matches virtually and place bets on them as if they were in the stadiums. And it’s only a few years away from taking place!